Valley Restart Shelter is a 501-C3 non-profit organization providing emergency shelter and services to the residents of the Hemet – San Jacinto Valley. We are the only shelter serving this area and have been providing services for over 25 years.
The services we provide include the following:
-Supervision 24 hours a day x 365 days a year including shelter, food and clothing. These services are provided for 30, 60, or 90 days based on need.
-Residents are provided services that include:
- Intensive case management and life skills development
- Pre-employment support including: creating resumes and developing, interviewing and job search skills.
- Learning how to create and adhere to a monthly budget
- Helping residents find affordable permanent housing
-School district busing
-Internships for undergraduate & graduate students desiring a career in social services.
-Referrals to other programs such as behavioral health, senior services and veteran affairs.
-Rental assistance for those who qualify.
-A bus ticket home for those homeless individuals located in our Valley to where they have financial and family support.
Our Success Rate
Our goal is to help the Hemet – San Jacinto communities stem the tide of homelessness and help restore a safe, productive and clean environment. For more than a decade, Valley Restart’s approach to preventing homelessness has had a significant success rate in terms of helping residents find permanent housing.
- With 35 bed, we provide housing to approximately 250-300 residents per year with 9 family units and limited space for individual man and women
- No recidivism is permitted
- Approximately 47% of residents are child under 18 years of age
- 88% of residents find permanent housing
- 54% of people served were homeless for the first time due to special circumstances
- 73% of those helped were from Hemet and San Jacinto
How You Can Help
Valley Restart is in need of financial and volunteer support to continue to provide these vital services to our community. You can help in one of several ways:
- Make a one time donation
- Give monthly: join our “Loaves & Fishes” program for $7.00 per month.
- Golf with us the first Monday of each month at the Golden Era Golf Course
- Provide employment opportunities
- John our corporate giving program
- Leave your estate to Valley Restart if you have no heirs
- Donate vehicles, furniture or electronics
- Support our charity events that are held throughout the year
- Adopt a family
- Paint or refurbish facilities
- Serve dinner
- Collect school supplies
- Tutor children
Say No to Panhandlers
- Monies giving to panhandlers most often goes to feed their addictions.
- It is estimated that $2 million is given locally to panhandlers.
- Give donations to established institutions like Valley Restart Shelter